LGB Alliance is the only registered charity in the UK to focus exclusively on the needs of lesbians, gay men and bisexuals. Entirely volunteer run, we have moved quickly and grown fast to establish ourselves as an influential voice on the issues that matter to same-sex attracted people.
Now we need a dynamic and committed Managing Director to help us transform into a highly effective and professionally structured organisation that can deliver much-needed support and services to LGB people.
You will work from home in the main but must be able to attend meetings and events in the London area and, occasionally, further afield. You must also be able to plan your diary around the availability of our volunteers, which may mean meeting at weekends and in the evening.
This is a significant role where you can make a lasting impact. We welcome applications from all individuals who share our values and our commitment to improving the lives of LGB people.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 25th January 2022. Remember to use ‘Managing Director’ as your subject line.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Agree a business plan with the Board of Trustees, including targets and timelines for the organisation’s activities including campaigns and political lobbying.
- Implement the Business Plan within the agreed timelines.
- Establish a clear structure in the company using the talents and the experience of existing managers, directors and volunteers.
- Recruitment and HR. Managing existing support staff and any other staff employed as a part of the business plan.
- Ensuring the company is financially sound with clear financial statements and reports on a monthly basis to the Board of Trustees.
- Ensure compliance from all managers, directors and trustees to our published Social Media Policy.
- Co-ordinate media appearances and responses to media questions using the most appropriate and best media performers among our directors, managers and trustees.
- Lead fundraising activities using the relevant experience and talents of managers, directors and trustees.
- Communicate all relevant issues to the Board of Trustees in line with the Board of Trustees Standing Orders.
- Protect the reputation of LGB Alliance and take action to prevent any activity that could cause reputational damage.
- Maintain productive relations with supportive organisations and partnerships.
- Develop services for lesbian, gay and bisexual people in line with our business plan and charitable objectives. Such services will be formulated by the management group and directors and approved by the Board of Trustees. The Managing Director will ensure such services are properly funded and managed.
The postholder will:
- report directly to the Chair of the Board of Trustees;
- be responsible for the day-to-day management of administrative & other staff;
- work closely with the existing management team.
Registered Charity Number 1194148