The news we publish and/or user-posted stories which may often spark a conversation amongst readers, which is enabled through our commenting system.
However, there are some basic rules that must be followed to make sure our website remains enjoyable for all users.
- The views/opinions expressed in comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Lesbian & Gay News.
- Any comments that are deemed to be unattributable to a real individual will be removed.
- Abusive or threatening language will not be tolerated under any circumstance and any comments which we deem unfriendly will be removed.
- Lesbian & Gay News reserves the right to remove any comments, without notice, that is deemed to be defamatory or otherwise legally challenging, or unrelated to the story, news article or post, or contain commercial links or spam, or do not meet the needs of Lesbian & Gay News as a business which includes unfair criticism.
- Commenting is restricted to members only but we may disable comments for a specific story, news article or post, or entirely where there is a legal or other reason to do so, as determined by the Editor.
Please note, that an automatic comment moderation system is used. If a specific keyword is identified within the comment, it will be flagged for moderation or may be automatically deleted without notice. It is not possible to exclude all comments automatically as the context is important.
A report and flagging system is available within the member’s pages. If you see a comment which is unacceptable, click the dot dot dot icon on the right-hand side. This allows a specific comment to be immediately flagged for the attention of a moderator.
Our moderation team do not work 24 hours a day. Comments will be removed at the earliest opportunity.
By submitting a comment on the Lesbian & Gay News website you agree to abide by these conditions.